What To Do Before Upgrade iDevice to iOS 11?
Apple today released the final iOS 11 firmware for us. We posted a tutorial Top 5 things jailbreakers must know about iOS 11 earlier, while today if you want to upgrade your iDevice to the latest iOS system, you must know the following matters.
1. Check if your iDevice is compatible with iOS 11
iOS 11 compatible products:
iPHONE - iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s.
iPAD - iPad 12.9‑inch iPad Pro, 10.5‑inch iPad Pro, 9.7‑inch iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 5th generation, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPod touch 6th generation.
2. Back up your iDevice before upgrading
It is a good habit to back up your iDevice now and then. Just in case. If you upgrade your iDevice to iOS 11 using 3uTools, remember to select the checkbox “Retain User’s Data While Flashing”.
3. Don’t upgrade iDevice at once
The final iOS 11 may have some undiscovered bugs at this moment, so you’re not suggested to upgrade your iDevice immediately. For instance, someone reported that the 3D touch is not smooth any more after upgrading to iOS 11. Just wait, if there is no update then you can upgrade.
4. keep a stable Wi-Fi environment
If you upgrade your iDevice via OTA, make sure you have a stable Wi-Fi environment. But you’re not suggested to upgrade iDevice using OTA because it may cause white apple issue due to the bad network.
5. Check if iDevice has the sufficient storage space
Don’t worry, you may get a reminder if your iDevice’s storage space is insufficient.
6. Older iDevice aren’t supported to upgrade
For iOS user who owns iPhone 5s or iPad mini 2, you’re not suggested to upgrade your iDevice. Because your iDevice’s hardware can’t follow the iOS 11 update gradually. Besides, you can’t use some functions related to 3D touch on iOS 11.
7. Ensure you know Apple ID and Passcode
You need to enter your iDevice’s Apple ID and passcode when upgrading, so make sure you remember them.
8. Jailbroken iDevices aren’t suggested to upgrade
If you have a jailbroken iDevice, please don’t give up your current jailbroken environment, because no one knows when the jailbreak tool for iOS 11 will be released.
- How to Downgrade iOS 11 Final Back to iOS 10.3.3 Using 3uTools? iOS 11.1.2 Is Available For Download Right Now in 3uTools How to Install iOS 11.2.1 / iOS 11.2.5 Beta Using 3uTools? Downgrade iPhone From iOS 11 To iOS 10.3.3/10.3.2/10.3.1 3uTools Supports Downgrade iPhone 6s to iOS 10.3.3 from iOS 11 iOS 11.0.3 now is Available on 3uTools iOS 11 Golden Master is Available on 3uTools iOS 11.0.1 is Available on 3uTools