How to Find the Owner of a Lost or Stolen iPhone?
How to Find Your Stolen iPhone with Dead Battery?
If Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is Lost or Stolen
Returning a lost or stolen iPhone is simpler than you might imagine — if the owner hasn't enabled a passcode lock, anyway. Still, if the iPhone you have found is fully functional, we've got some tricks that can help you get in contact with the original owner faster than you may think!
How to get in contact with the owner of a lost or stolen iPhone
Here are some things we'd recommend trying in order to contact them directly.
1. If there's no passcode lock, check their recent calls
2. If there's a passcode, ask Siri for help
Most people don't realize that even if you have a passcode lock on your iPhone, you can bypass it to do things like place calls or send messages — unless, of course, they've disabled this functionality in Settings. However, it never hurts to grill Siri a bit. Here are some things you can try asking Siri by holding down the Home button from the Lock screen:
"Call home." "Call mom." "Call dad."
If the owner had relationships set up, you can also try things like "call my wife" or "call my partner."
3. Keep the device powered on and answer incoming calls
4. Find the IMEI or MEID and contact their carrier
Every iPhone has a unique number called an IMEI (or MEID for some CDMA phones) imprinted on iPhone. The owner's carrier can use this information to track the owner down and hopefully contact them. It's best to just visit the carrier's store where they can then take possession of the iPhone and handle it from there. If you can't, you can always call the carrier over the phone and start from there. While they can't release information about the owner, they most certainly can help you track them down.
What Is The Purpose of an IMEI Number?
How to Find Your iPhone IMEI Serial Number?
5. Look for a Find My iPhone message
Any iPhone user can use Find My iPhone to enable Lost Mode, which locks the lost iPhone, enables Low Power Mode, and disables Apple Pay. It also allows you to leave a message on the phone's lock screen.
- How to Check iCloud Activation Lock Status? How to Erase iDevice’s Data Remotely? What is the Function of "Find My iPhone"? If Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is Lost or Stolen How to Find Your Stolen iPhone with Dead Battery? 5 Ways to Increase Your Chances of Getting a Lost iPhone Back These iPhone Scams are Latest Attempt to Steal Your Bank Details