Apple Arcade is Already here Three days Early: How to sign up now
You don't need to wait till Sept. 19 to check out Apple Arcade. Apple's new gaming service is available now, three days before its official launch date, for some users who are running the iOS 13 public beta.
First spotted by MacRumors, the iOS 13 public beta lets you sign up for an Arcade subscription starting now, including the free one-month trial. Apple's family-focused service will let you play play more than 100 exclusive games across iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac and Apple TV ($169 at Walmart) devices.
Apple Arcade, first announced in March, costs $4.99 (£4.99, AU$7.99) a month for unlimited access, with a one-month free trial. Game add-ons and updates come with the subscription, which covers up to six family members.
Apple Arcade officially launches Thursday in over 150 countries. iOS 13 is also being made available on Thursday. The update will run on Phone 6S and later devices, the iPhone SE and the latest iPod Touch.
How to sign up for the iOS 13 pubic beta program
1. Head to Apple's public beta software page.
2. If you already have an account, tap Sign In. If you're new, tap Sign up and follow the instructions.
3. You'll need an Apple ID to join the beta program, so either find yours or create one.
4. After you sign in, tap the iOS tab and follow the instructions for enrolling your device and then installing the public beta from Software Update on your iOS device.
How to sign up for Apple Arcade
1. On the public beta of iOS 13, head to the App Store.
2. Tap the Arcade tab.
3. If you see something about trying Apple Arcade for free, sign up and start playing.
If you see that the gaming service is coming soon, you don't yet have access to the service.
Apple didn't respond to a request for comment.
- Apple Launches iOS 13, watchOS 6, and Apple Arcade Apple Employees Testing Apple Arcade Ahead of Launch Apple Investing More than $500M on Apple Arcade Launch Apple Arcade Has Game Developers Excited, But Questions Remain Apple Arcade vs. Google Play Pass: Five-Dollar Fistfight Apple Arcade Now Has 100 Games With Addition of New Titles Today, Including 'Guildlings' Consumers Win as Google Play Pass and Apple Arcade Roll Out Apple Releases New Apple Arcade 'A New World to Play In' ad on YouTube