Apple Releases iOS 12.1.3 with Bug Fixes for HomePod, iPad Pro, CarPlay, Messages
Apple has just released iOS 12.1.3, the fifth update to the iOS 12 operating system since its September launch. iOS 12.1.3 is a minor update that follows iOS 12.1.2 (iPhone only), released back in December, and iOS 12.1.1, also released in December.
The iOS 12.1.3 update will be available on all eligible devices over-the-air in the Settings app. To access the update, go to Settings > General > Software Update. As with all iOS updates, iOS 12.1.3 will be free to download. iPhone owners will be upgrading to iOS 12.1.3 from iOS 12.1.2, while iPad owners will be updating from iOS 12.1.1.
iOS 12.1.3 is a minor update, and during the beta testing period, we found no major new features. According to Apple's release notes, iOS 12.1.3 includes fixes for multiple bugs affecting iPad Pro, HomePod, CarPlay, and more.
On HomePod, the update fixes bugs that could cause restarts or that could cause Siri to stop listening. On the iPad Pro, iOS 12.1.3 fixes an issue that could cause audio distortion when using external input devices, and for CarPlay, issues that could cause disconnects from the 2019 iPhones have been addressed. Apple's full release notes:
- Fixes an issue in Messages that could impact scrolling through photos in the Details view
- Addresses an issue where photos could have striped artifacts after being sent from the Share Sheet
- Fixes an issue that may cause audio distortion when using external audio input devices on iPad Pro (2018)
- Resolves an issue that could cause certain CarPlay systems to disconnect from iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max
This release also includes bug fixes for HomePod. This update:
- Fixes an issue that could cause HomePod to restart
- Addresses an issue that could cause Siri to stop listening
The prior update, iOS 12.1.2, included a fix for eSIM activation issues and tweaked some iPhone functionality in China to remove features that infringed on Qualcomm patents so Apple could bypass a sales ban on older iPhones.
- Apple Adds A Siri-powered News Briefing to The Latest iOS Beta 'Black Dot' Unicode Bug Crashes iOS Messages in iOS 11.3 and Later Siri Can Now Read Out Your WhatsApp Messages Apple Use Drones to Improve Maps in 2017 With Indoor Navigation Data You Can Now Buy The iPad Pro 9.7 For Under $500 At Some Retailers Apple Releases iOS 10.3Beta 5 for iPhone and iPad Apple Releases iOS 10.3.2 Beta2 for iOS Developers New iOS 12.1.2 Jailbreak Exploit could Arrive as Soon as Apple Patches iOS 12.1.3