Apple iPhone 8 And iPhone X Event
The new phones can charge wirelessly by being placed on an inductive surface. It works with the Qi wireless standard, which Apple says it will help expand to public spaces such as airports and cafes.
It will work with third party wireless chargers such as those from Mophie and Belkin. Apple didn't announce its own wireless charger, meaning owners will probably have to buy the accessory separately.
iPhone 8 price and release date
* iPhone 8 to come in 64GB and 256GB starting at $699
* iPhone 8 Plus to come in 64GB and 256GB starting at
* Devices available for pre-order from September 15 and will be in stores on September 22
* iOS 11 will be available to download on September 19
"One more thing"...
We're on to Apple's trump card, the iPhone X. In celebration of the 10th birthday of the iPhone, the all-new device has an edge-to-edge screen and is glass all the way around. It is dust and water resistant, comes in space grey and silver, and has an OLED screen.
No home button on the iPhone X - how does that work?
Apple has ditched the home button on the iPhone 10. To unlock the device users just have to swipe up from the bottom of the screen. The same movement takes them back to the home screen and lets users multi-task.
Siri can also help users navigate without a home button.
The iPhone X unlocks using new facial recognition technology called Face ID.
- Hackers Claim to Break Face ID a Week After iPhone X Release iPhone SE 2 Again Rumored to Launch in First Half of 2018 How to Watch Apple Event Live? iPhone X Face ID Again Unlocked With Mask, Even With 'Require Attention' Turned On Korean Report Claims Apple Will Drop the iPhone X Notch in 2019 iPhones What the iPhone X Costs Around the World? Google Removes Passcode/Touch ID/Face ID lock from Drive, Docs, Sheets & Slides European Media Pegs 2018 iPhone Event for September 12