Own Jailbroken Device Get iOS 11.2 Security Fixes Before It’s Late
Jailbroken iPhone and iPad devices are the most susceptible to security attacks. By nature, they these devices do not get official updates since they would revert back to their original un-jailbroken state.
But in a new announcement, modified iOS devices have been recommended to add the iOS 11.2 security fixes. This patch is particularly intended to resolve some damaging bugs that potentially use Wi-Fi to gain illicit entry to smartphones and tablets
A new tweak issued to Cydia has been recommended for older jailbroken firmware as they are most likely to get issues brought by the likes of Broadpwn and KRACK. Called wifiFirmwareUpdater, this jailbreak tweak allows users to purge their devices from potential gateways to hackers without the need to update to the official iOS 11.2.
* It supports jailbroken iDevices running on iOS10-10.2.1.
* It supports 64-bit iDevices (iDevice above iPhone5) currently.
In 2017, smartphones were attacked Broadpwn and KRACK, among other bugs that affected millions of users both on Android and iOS around the world. Those with 64-bit iOS iPhone, iPod touch and iPad devices can depend on the wifiFirmwareUpdater as it secures them from imminent cyber attacks.
The Broadpwn malware enables remote hackers to execute arbitrary code through Broadcom’s Wi-Fi chips and manipulate the device however they want to. KRACK, meanwhile, targets the Wi-Fi WPA security protocol which is ironically engineered to safeguard connected users from potential attacks.
This is a free download.To download it, you’ll need to go into Cydia:
* Click Sources button
* Click Edit button
* Click Add button
* Enter the following URL and then tap Add Source: http://saj0vie.github.io
* Then search and install wifiFirmware Updater in Cydia.
- How to Install AFC2? Untethered Jailbreak iOS9.1- iOS9.3.4 for 32 Bit devices How to Jailbreak iOS 10.0 - 10.2 Using 3uTools? How to Fix Cydia Impactor Installation Cpp:42 Error？ Supposed iOS 10.3.3 Jailbreak by DevelopApple Debunked iOS 10.2.1 Jailbreak Saïgon Released For 64-Bit Devices iOS 10.3.3 H3lix & G0blin Compatible Tweaks FAQ: What can We Do with Using 3uTools Jailbreak?