iPhone 4s – Downgrade iOS 9.3.5 to iOS 6.1.3 After Phoenix Jailbreak
This will wipe the device and erase all data.
This guide was done with Windows. Some of the tools failed while running a Windows virtual machine.
This guide expects you to know how to work with an iOS device already.
iOS 6.1.3 for iPhone 4S - 965 MB, direct from Apple’s servers.
3uTools - Help you install Phoenix.
Beehind v0.5 – this is used to pre-jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 and then downgrade your device to it.
Section 1, Update & Wipe your iPhone:
1) Connect the iPhone to your computer.
2) Power it down.
3) Enter DFU mode.
4) Restore in iTunes.
After your phone finishing restoring, go through the initial iOS setup, including connecting to WiFi. Make know of your iPhone’s IP address (Settings > WiFi, then tap the “i”). This will be used in Section 6 below.
Section 2, Install Phoenix on 9.3.5 on 3uTools:
1) Run 3uTools on your computer.
2) Connect your iDevice to your PC.
3) Click "Flash & JB" -> "Jailbreak" -> "iOS 9.3.5 Jailbreak"
4) Wait for several minutes untill 3uTools installs Phoenix.
Section 3, Use Phoenix to Jailbreak:
1) Go to Settings -> General > Device Management
2) Trust your developer account.
3) Go back to the home screen, tap Phoenix to launch it.
4) Tap through the the multiple windows and dialogs (“Prepare for Jailbreak”, “Accept”, “Dismiss”, “Proceed With Jailbreak”, “Begin Installation”, and “Use Provided Offsets”) to start the jailbreak process, then wait for your device to respring.
Section 4, Cydia and OpenSSH:
1) Once your device is in a jailbroken state, run Cydia. On first launch, Cydia may seem to hang for a while before crashing. This is apparently normal. Just re-open it.
2) If you are prompted for an “Essential Upgrade”, just tap on Ignore, as we will be wiping away this install.
3) Search for and install OpenSSH.
Section 5, Building an IPSW:
1) Extract Beehind.exe to a folder on your computer.
2) Run the Beehind.exe program as an administrator.
3) On its first screen “IPSW Creator”, click “Choose” and browse to where you downloaded the iOS 6.1.3 IPSW.
4) Select the options Jailbreak and Install Cydia.
5) Click “Build the IPSW!” and wait while it does its work.
Section 6, Pwnded DFU:
1) Make sure you are on the “Kloader Mode” screen in Beehind (it should have changed to this after finishing the previous section, but you can also manually change to it by clicking “Change Mode” > “Kloader Mode”).
Beehind will run the tools to enter pwned DFU and install the 6.1.3 IPSW
2) Make sure the iBBS image is selected (this should have been automatically selected after the previous section completed).
3) Enter the WiFi IP address of your iPhone.
4) Click the “Enter Pwned DFU Mode” button.
Section 7, Downgrade:
1) Click the “…” button and browse to the IPSW made in Section 5.
2) Click “Restore!”
Section 8, Cydia Repositories:
With iOS 6.1.3 and Cydia installed, its repository list may be empty and could not manually add any repository.
To fix this, power off the device, and then power it back on. Once your device powers back on, load Cydia again, and you should see all of its repositories. Make sure to tap Refresh to do an update check.
- Downgrade 32-bit Devices to Any iOS Version With SHSH How to Enter KDFU Mode While downgrading? Downgrade to iOS 7.1.2 from iOS 9.3.5 without SHSH FAQ for Downgrading to iOS 6.1.3 / 8.4.1 with 3uTools How to Dual-Boot 2 Versions of iOS on iPhone 4s? How to Downgrade to iOS 8.4.1 / 6.1.3 On Any 32-Bit Device and Untether Jailbreak Without Blobs? How to Downgrade iPhone4s to iOS 6.1.3? Tigris Dev Team Achieves a 90% Working iOS 9.3.5 Jailbreak